Monday, January 5, 2009

Scandinavian heirs to the throne friendship

Princess Victoria of Sweden doesn't have older brothers, but Frederik of Denmark and Haakon of Norway are like brothers to her. Because of the distance and busy schedules, the three heirs are prevented to see each other as often as they'd like, so they communicate often via text messages by mobile phone or e-mails, said the Princess Victoria, who admitted that when they are together, one of their usual topics of conversation is what happens when one day they inherit the throne.

They understand well the commitment of the crown and know its inconveniences. What most bothers Victoria about being a princess is the lack of privacy. „Sometimes I feel as if I don’t have a private life, but on the whole, the real issue is that I have had a role since I was a child and I'm familiar with it.“

In the moments when she feels down, she can always count on the support of her „older half-brothers“.

No comments: