Monday, May 19, 2008

Why I am a monarchist (3)

Peter Law, Newcastle

As I am British I have first hand experience of what it is like to live under a constitutional Monarchy. We benefit from a head of state whose blood is steeped in thousands of years of our history, heritage and culture. The British Monarchy is a magnificant British institution that plays a major role in our traditions and ceremonies. These are part of what makes us proud to be British and what makes us unique because no other country can put on a historic public display like we can.

I served in Serbia & Montenegro during the Kosovan conflict and fell in love with the two states. The landscape was beautiful and it was sad to see a once proud nation being destroyed. I would like to see the restoration of the Serbian Monarchy. Under a Presidency, I felt the Serbs had been betrayed by political interests whereas a Monarchy would serve the interests of the nation and its people.

No comments: